Request for Reconsideration of Instructional and Library Materials
Maine School Administrative District No. 31
REQUEST FOR RECONSIDERATION OF INSTRUCTIONAL AND LIBRARY MATERIALS
Author: Type of Material:
Publisher (if known):
Request initiated by:
Telephone: Address: Town:
Complainant represents: Him/herself
1. To what in the material do you object? (Please be specific)
2. What do you feel might be the result of being exposed to this material?
3. For what age group would you recommend this material?
4. Is there anything good about this material?
5. Did you review the entire material? If not, what parts?
6. Are you aware of the judgment of this material by reviews or evaluators or literary critics?
7. What do you believe is the theme of this material?
8. What would you like the school to do about this material?
Do not assign it to students
Withdraw it from all patrons of the library
Refer it to the Educational Media Review Committee for evaluation
9. In its place, what material of equal quality would you recommend that would convey as valuable a picture and perspective of our civilization?
Signature of Complainant Date